Everyone likes to hear the words, "well done"! I think it is helpful to take a look back at this year and evaluate ourselves with the intention of renewed focus on the Lord and what He has for each of us this new year!
I found these questions on Mike Hyatt's Blog - they are very interesting and they may help us focus if we take the time to think them through and call this year completed and prepare to move forward.
1. If the last year were the genre of your life, what would the theme have been?
drama, romance, adventure, comedy, tragedy, or a combination...
2. What were the two or three major themes that kept recurring? these can be single words or phrases
3. What did you accomplish this year that you are the most proud of?
4. What do you feel you should have been acknowledged for but weren't?
5. What regrets or disappointments did you experience this year? Did you let others down?
6. What were the spiritual lessons you learned this past year?
I would love to see your answers if you'd like to share...leave a comment please!
It could have been the worst year of your life - but everything God allows should help prepare us for the next thing in our lives. If we can purposefully look back - evaluate and learn, we can look ahead determined to listen to God's leading - leaning into His purpose for us.
Although I, like everyone, will experience lapses in focus in 2010 where I look at my own agenda instead of His, my heart desires to follow His lead to let this next year be the most amazing God year ever! Let's go!!